Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Initial Condition of Quitting Smoking....when a smoker stops...

I call it "Tornado Face".

When my mind realized I was actually going to quit, 
it released a swirl of static- audio, visual and olfactory hallucinations. You’ve seen someone walk into a spider 
web? Quitting cigarettes feels like what that looks like. 
There’s a tornado in my head- and where did all these 
spiders come from? My head was twirling upside down 
in a cotton candy machine. Things go too fast to follow 
like when Neo gets confronted with dozens of Agent 
Smiths in The Matrix. All these sensations are normal 
when a smoker decides to quit. While it feels like forever, this lasts for about three days...

Has anyone else experienced this condition? What did it feel like to you?

Tornado Face, from Romancing The Smoke

No comments:

Post a Comment