Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Learning the hard way...Fire Bad...

When I was about nine, I torched my hand by igniting
a Zippo lighter too close to an open can of lighter fluid. 
Yes, I had an adult Zippo lighter that had all sorts of 
little components to it, the flint, the spring, the spark 
wheel, etc. Not a toy for children. My grandfather still 
gave it to me for Christmas. After all, every would be 
smoker had a lighter...















Those were the days when extremely dangerous
"toys" like rifles, bows and arrows and explosive 
chemicals could be gotten without parental signatures 
and be played with without adult supervision-
the good old days... I hid my burned up hand from 
my folks, who never knew I scorched myself like 
Peter Boyle's character in Young Frankenstein...
when I was young....

No comments:

Post a Comment