Friday, April 25, 2014

Because it's NEVER too late to quit....

Glad for the chance to share the stories 
of Romancing The Smoke with the 
Tobacco Cessation Program at Cottage 
Hospital in Santa Barbara last night. 
A courageous collection of now
un-smokers with compelling stories.
Thank you to Karima Shamma, MA, 
the program facilitator, for encouraging
these long term ex-smokers that there's 
a great world out there that's smoke free!
Thank you also to Cottage Hospital, 
CEASE, and Sharon Hall, my editor and 
partner, for pointing out to the group the 
distinct differences in my health and 
appearance as a result of giving up 
tobacco. Since I am much healthier than 
I was four years ago, her observations
seemed to spur hope to those who 
have thought that the task of quitting 
was hopeless. It is not.

Because frankly, folks, if I can quit and
remain smoke free...ANYONE can.

Thank you finally to the little "nicotine 
demon" voices in my head that made 
people laugh...because it's clear that 
one needs a sense of humor to get 
over this addiction...now BREATHE!

No comments:

Post a Comment