Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The Atlantic: Can you quit smoking through hypnosis?

This article by Luke O'Neil 
is a compehensive take on 
hypnotherapy as a valuable
smoking cessation tool. If
you're trying to quit, this is 
definitely a must read. I tried 
quitting through hypnosis twice; 
private sessions- it worked for 
awhile the second time- I lasted 
two years; but I wasn't yet 
ready to make the lifelong 
commitment. But it helped.

That second series of sessions 
gave me additional tools that 
I have been able to employ to 
completely ward off cravings 
for the past five years. One of 
the mantras I learned is the 
graphic featured in my May 5 
post, Quitting smoking is a 
matter of willpower. I use it 
any time I feel an urge,  and 
encourage others to repeat it
as necessary. As a behavior 
modification practice, it has 
been fantastic reinforcement 
in my continuing quest to stay 
smokefree. Hypnotherapy 
works wonders for certain 
behavior modification, and 
smoking cessation can be 
one of them. Read on...
The Atlantic: Can you quit smoking through hypnosis?

No comments:

Post a Comment