Thursday, August 20, 2015

This week marks 5 YEARS since I smoked...

I woke up August 25, 2010 
and couldn't breathe. I had
been smoking a pack and a 
half on and off for 40 years.
Almost 250,000 cigarettes.
My lungs had had it. 

I promised myself that if I 
could just regain my ability 
to breathe, I'd never smoke 
again. I threw tantrums, cried,
screamed, pounded on walls, 
bargained with the Smoke 
Demons...and began my final
smokefree journey that saved
my life. I have NOT smoked
55,000 cigarettes.

I have not had so much as 
a puff since that day; and 
am far healthier today than 
was twenty years ago...

I wrote Romancing The Smoke 
to commiserate with others
going through the battle with
nicotine. 

To all my friends whom I have 
not yet met who are waging 
this battle to quit smoking, 
I say YOU can do this!
This means YOU, Facebook 
Quit Smoking Community!

There's NOTHING romantic 
about smoking; RTS will do 
what it can to cheer you on.

Begone Smoke Demons-Forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment