Wednesday, June 22, 2011
A Potentially Dangerous Brush With Flame
Another’s brush with flame almost blew an actor
and the whole house sky high. There’s a tale I
heard from Rolling Stone that Johnny Depp was
staying in the basement of Hunter Thompson’s
house in Woody Creek, CO. He was prepping
for his upcoming film role as the journalist, chain-
smoking while he poured over script night after
night in the dark little room.
As he struck a match to light a cigarette one evening,
he noticed for the first time that his nightstand was in
fact, a barrel of gunpowder on top of which he had his
ashtray. Hunter said he’d always wondered what had
happened to that powder keg.
Johnny never smoked in the house again.