Tuesday, November 26, 2013

RTS: The Fourth and Final Condition of Quitting Smoking- Cranial Paralogism

As the physical characteristics of the addiction began 
to diminish, and I felt like I might have conquered this 
demon, the most insidious condition waited in the
wings for my resolve to falter. Cranial Paralogism.
It's the Shadow Mind at work dissolving the resolve.





























My mind built a case for quitting being a non-smoker
by reversing the negative viewpoint into the positive
to justify abandoning the effort. Logic does a 180.
All the lies about smoking return from time to time to 
convince me that "I can go back any time; because I 
can quit any time I want to....?" This mental state 
marched me right into gas stations to buy a pack a 
dozen times after I had become an "unsmoker."

This is the most powerful withdrawal disorder. I'm 
guessing it lasts a lifetime, is entirely mental, and 
is the core of what all addictions are about.

Should Cranial Paralogism try to change your mind, 
breathe like you're trying to take in all of the fresh air 
of the world. Ten breaths. Then ten more. Do this until 
you have flushed the mental state from your head.

Beating this condition almost always left me dizzy.
After a year, this condition mostly disappears.
But please, never let down your guard...

No comments:

Post a Comment