Sunday, April 27, 2014

New writer strikes up a conversation for Romancing The Smoke...Hava Menthole

My name is Hava Menthole and 
I am new writer for Romancing 
The Smoke. My story:
I am from Eastern bloc country 
where we smoke at age five as 
sign of strength. I accidentally 
light my head on fire at age ten, 
when I try to light 24 cigarettes 
at once for every member of
family. Village children no 
longer allowed to play with me. 
I leave there, come to where 
flavor is. Big fan of Marlboro 
Man. Sad when he die. Who 
round up cows now? Searched 
for Joe Camel for years to hitch 
ride and be cool. Smoked four 
packs/day until new Millennium; 
then quit Smoked Turkey. (One 
of my favorite countries.) Now 
I can breathe and have enough 
air to smell roses, take it
downtown, and cut a rug, 
although rug is good size as is. 
I write about what I know so 
writing about cigarettes to tell 
truth- anyone who smoke crazy.
Not sure if everyone know yet. 
No one talk about it in Las 
Vegas or Indonesia except for
beauty queens and no one listen 
to them anyway. 

In monthly column, stories of
smoking and what it did to all 
the herring in my native land. 
I see dangers of tobacco very 
young as my father smoke so 
much he die two years before 
I was born. 

That what Mama tell me.

Meanwhile I share stories of 
crazy ways people think when 
it comes to cigarettes.

Time to take ridiculous habit 
seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment